Re: Why yaboot is NOT for oldworld macs, Oldworld owners please read! (was Re: StarMax and yaboot...)

Andre Berger <uzscd5@uni-bonn.de> writes:

> [snip..]
>
> Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:
>
> > yes you need a COMPLETE *REAL* 4MB Finder.
>
> I have removed the "This is a Emergency Boot Floppy System only" alert box from
> a MacOS 8.1 Emergency floppy system folder and added the BootX 1.2.2
> Extension plus a kernel image. The whole thing is around 4mb and boots
> quite fast.

How did you do this?  Just open it in resedit and delete the resource?
This is quite a good fallback for oldworlder's having trouble with OF
booting.

Too bad it's not free, otherwise I'd ask you to post it :-(

cheers,

cbb