Re: Why yaboot is NOT for oldworld macs, Oldworld owners please read! (was Re: StarMax and yaboot...)

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 03:35:17PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:

> I can't solve that /proc /kern thing, its a topic for l-k.

more like a flamewar... ;-)

[snip]

> The support database is nearly empty, for the outside world. I have some
> entries in german, these will be translated and be available next week.

i have already helped a couple people convert there suseboot setups to
Apple_Bootstrap because they kept having problems with it becoming
unbootable, why? because MacOS removes the blessing.  I am sorry Olaf
but this problem is REAL and you WILL see it.  (i have about 5 years
of experience with dealing with fake system folders and macos's
incessent need to wreck them)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/