Re: Sockoban

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 10:42:58AM +0100, Björn Johansson wrote:

> >> Well, It don't. It's using my slow 040.
> >
> > Well, then you should rather post to debian-m68k@lists.debian.org I
> > guess...

> >> Yes I know. But then I haveto use the potato version, and since it's
> >> still is in BETA-stage I thought it would be better to use a stable
> >> version. That's why I chose Slink.
> >
> > potato is currently in 'frozen' state, there is no 'BETA' state in Debian.
> >
> > What ware you afraid of WRT stability? I've been using potato for about a
> > year and haven't had major problems with it, can't remember any real
> > problem in the last few months.
>
> Afraid of? Well, let's just say I got some bad experience from another
> operating system. I lost 3GB of data. What happened was that one of
> my partitions became unreadable and it didn't have anything to do with
> the hardware. So I'm much more careful nowadays. But anyway,
> I'm convinced ;).

I think you are having much more risks with your old version than nowaday
potato, which is more or less what will be released RSN, (lets hope before
christmas, ...)

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER

> >> APUS 2.2.10, exactly what is the name of the file?
> >> I *think* I already have it, hmm..
> >
> > ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/pub/os/linux/apus/2.2.x/vmapus-2000.03.10.gz
> >
> > You also need
> >
> > ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/pub/os/linux/apus/boothack/bh000311.lha

bootstrap --apus -k linux -r images-1.44/root.bin root=/dev/mem
video=amifb:pal <-not sure about this> debug
should work ok.

(with the linux and root.bin from the apus subdirs of the ppc disks)

try to give us the output of dmesg also dboostrap (i think) also.

Friendly,

Svne LUTHER