Re: Sockoban

Well, then you should rather post to debian-m68k@lists.debian.org I guess...

> > You need a special kernel (the latest is 2.2.10) for APUS.
> Yes I know. But then I haveto use the potato version, and since it's
> still is in BETA-stage I thought it would be better to use a stable
> version. That's why I chose Slink.

potato is currently in 'frozen' state, there is no 'BETA' state in Debian.

What ware you afraid of WRT stability? I've been using potato for about a
year and haven't had major problems with it, can't remember any real problem
in the last few months.

> APUS 2.2.10, exactly what is the name of the file?
> I *think* I already have it, hmm..

You also need

> When it comes to the "Slink" version, is it possible for me to get a better
> kernel than: 2.0.36 somewhere? (for the m68k of course)

(but as you're concerned about stability... :)

You'll have to build the kernel yourself.

Maybe you could also take a kernel-package from potato, don't know about the

> It's not possible to use the APUS-kernel with the Slink distribution,
> right? Maybe a stupid question but I haveto know ;).

You mean with the one you have? No. PPC and m68k aren't binary compatible.

"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD

Do You Yahoo!?