[jim@ic.uva.nl: Re: slang1 (<< 1.3) weirdness]

This came from the slang1 maintainer.  Apparently its simply a matter
of rebuilding the packages that want slang1 << 1.3.

----- Forwarded message from Jim Mintha <jim@ic.uva.nl> -----
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:21:22 +0100
From: Jim Mintha <jim@ic.uva.nl>
To: Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: slang1 (<< 1.3) weirdness
Sender: jim@hestia.ic.uva.nl

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 04:45:00PM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> Oh dear, I'm an idiot.  I just realized that dselect was warning me
> -not- to upgrade slang because of the dependency problem with
> upgrading.  Still, will I have to perpetually hold slang1 back?

There was a problem with the slang 1.2.x packages that created the
wrong dependency < 1.3 when you created a package with them.  I
uploaded a corrected 1.2.2-3 and got everyone to recompile their slang
dependent packages.  As far as I know all the packages have been
recompiled, but perhaps they are not yet build for powerpc.

Jim Mintha                                       Email: jim@ic.uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919
Informatiseringscentrum                      	  Home: +31 20 662-3892
University of Amsterdam               Debian GNU/Linux: jmintha@debian.org
_There are always Possibilities_                 http://jim.ultralinux.org

----- End forwarded message -----

Michael G Schwern                                           schwern@pobox.com