Re: Need your input for keymap configuration
- To: Yann Dirson <email@example.com>, Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>, "Christian T. Steigies" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Hartmut Koptein <Hartmut.Koptein@t-online.de>, Robert Ramiega <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Need your input for keymap configuration
- From: Sven LUTHER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:31:45 +0100
- Message-id: <19991119133145.C30797@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: Yann Dirson <email@example.com>, Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>, "Christian T. Steigies" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Hartmut Koptein <Hartmut.Koptein@t-online.de>, Robert Ramiega <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <19991119102035.B23462@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de>; from email@example.com on Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 10:20:35AM +0100
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <199911160837.JAA17051@faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <19991118123533.C9882@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> <19991118140259.B19934@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de> <19991118151903.A17191@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> <email@example.com> <19991119102035.B23462@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de>
On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 10:20:35AM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> As you see, I put the @ also on the Q, like on PC keyboard (does that work
> out for french keyboards as well?). There are some other signs which are
Just for you to know, i don't see any @ on my french pc keyboard. NOr
naturally on my amiga french keyboard.
I think both the @ and the # are under the key 3 and 4 or 2 and 3, can't
remember exactly, ...
> currently missing, degree, Euro, nearly everything thats on the number keys.
> And I am wondering why Alt-Gr+Shift does not work, it seems the modifiers
> are still not fully funtional. Do we need to map all the keys like we did on
> the console? It seems not, nobody has been shouting for it.
> But still I wonder where X gets its information for the standard map,
> reading from the kernel? Why doenst it take all the definitions from the
> console then, I put _every_ key I could produce on my keyboard under AOS in
> that but under X most of the special ones are gone again...
The prbolem i think is that X uses the Alt as meta key. We should be using the
Amiga keys for that, since there is no use for them anyway.
Looking at the qwerty sun keyboard beside me, i see there are 2 meta keys
instead of the amiga ones, or the windowy stuff pc keyboards use, and also a
But then better ask some more knowledgeable guy than me.