Re: Need your input for keymap configuration
- To: Yann Dirson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>, "Christian T. Steigies" <email@example.com>, Hartmut Koptein <Hartmut.Koptein@t-online.de>, Robert Ramiega <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Need your input for keymap configuration
- From: Sven LUTHER <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:19:03 +0100
- Message-id: <19991118151903.A17191@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: Yann Dirson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>, "Christian T. Steigies" <email@example.com>, Hartmut Koptein <Hartmut.Koptein@t-online.de>, Robert Ramiega <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <19991118140259.B19934@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 02:02:59PM +0100
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <199911160837.JAA17051@faui22c.informatik.uni-erlangen.de> <email@example.com> <19991118123533.C9882@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> <19991118140259.B19934@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de>
On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 02:02:59PM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 12:35:33PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 09:40:44PM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > > > A, somehow, related question. How to get a correct keymap under X?
> > >
> > > Hm, X keymap setup is currently quite a distinct thing. I hope to add
> > > one day support for reading Xkb defs in console-tools, but there are
> > > so much things to do ;)
> > >
> > > It would be great to share as much config info as we can with X,
> > > though. We'll see that when my code stabilizes for the console.
> > >
> > I seem to remember some stuff about X using the same keymap as the console,
> > but i am not sure anymore about it. I did not do any config file editing when
> > i installed X and it took my azerty keymap without major trouble (just the
> > Delete/BackSpace stuff, but i guess it is not keymaps related). But then it
> > was a long time ago.
> No, this is just the point, I was trying to add something to Xmodmap to get
> the "@" key working, can you produce an "@" on your amiga keyboard?
> When I check the keymap (Amiga non A1000, german) it is displayed correctly,
> but still I can not produce this key, even with an xmodmap entry, even when
> I put it on the "Q", like on the PC. Xmodmap is working in principle (I
> mapped the 2 on the 3 by mistake...) but not for the "@". Where does X get
> the information about the keyboard? Its not from the console tools, is it?
On the french keymap, the @ and # are mapped to the shifted * and - of the
keypad, i think. I painted the corresponding symbols on said keys, and i
worked fine since then.