Re: Need your input for keymap configuration

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 09:40:44PM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
>  > A, somehow, related question. How to get a correct keymap under X?
>
> Hm, X keymap setup is currently quite a distinct thing.  I hope to add
> one day support for reading Xkb defs in console-tools, but there are
> so much things to do ;)
>
> It would be great to share as much config info as we can with X,
> though.  We'll see that when my code stabilizes for the console.

I seem to remember some stuff about X using the same keymap as the console,
but i am not sure anymore about it. I did not do any config file editing when
i installed X and it took my azerty keymap without major trouble (just the
Delete/BackSpace stuff, but i guess it is not keymaps related). But then it
was a long time ago.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER