Re: An BIG request for people that will working on powerpc packages!!

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 02:11:20AM +1100, Drake Diedrich wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 01:44:23PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> >
> > if i understood correctly, you are autobuilding packages with
> > glibc2.1, while every other debian/ppc user has older versions of
> > lgibc arround ? does it not cause problem ?
 It does autobuild wmaker refuses to run because of some unknown symbol (dont
remember what was the exact error message) any way i;m just downloading
glibc-2.1 debs from Hartmut web page.

>    I was attempting to install Debian-PPC on a coworkers' G3 Mac today and
> had problems.  Eventually what I had to do was "ar xv/tar xf data.tar.gz"
> the libc6, tar, fileutils, and dpkg packages, and then atomically copy those
> directories over the top of the previous system. libc6 2.0.100 broke the
> other 3 packages if installed first (preventing further installs), while if
 I also had similar situation. I got over it by first installing apt and using
apt as dselect method. Apt is apparently smarter than dpkg itself and this way
i installed my system almost with no hassle.

--
 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 IT Manager @ PDi | http://plukwa.pdi.net/        | the power of Source