Re: booting on blizzard/apus kernel ...

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 07:06:03PM +0200, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > i finally found the bug in the kernel that caused problems
> > while booting linux on my amiga blizzard/apus board.
>
> Yeah, read it on linux-m68k; great!
>
> > i just wanted to report that the mingetty problem we noticed
> > in oldenburgare no more with this 2.1.120 based (cross
> > compiled:) kernel. So i think this problem was 2.1.90
> > specific (or perhaps just my flavor of it.) I think
> > debian/slink should work without major problem on
> > apus/systems now, altough i haven't tested anything fully
> > yet.
>
> Yup, notice this also. I use also now the 'normal' getty.
>

> > the tarball i am using is still the first Hartmut released,
> > what progress was made since oldenburg (almost a month has
> > passed since), and is there something particular i can work
> > on now ...
>

> I build a new tarball and it isn't the last one.

i guess that if i upgrade your tarballl with newer packages, it will have the
same effect for me ? Is there yet a ramdisk or something ? i know there is not
yet installation floppies, but a ramdisk that will help people install without
having some other linux on another partition ?

I ask because i want to write, or adapt from an existing one, some installation
guide for the linux/apus faq.

Also right now i am making a local mirror on my syjet cartridge of all the
debian/slink/ppc stuff, and i will begin compiling things at home, now that the
kernel works, and that i figured out how to make this solaris box recognize my
syjet. Hope the sun partitioning scheme works fine under linux :)

So what is the exact procedure for compiling packages, how do i access the list
of packages available for compilation, and how do i state that i will compile
this and that package. I think i will have to check if my pgp key is already in
the keyring or something such last i checked, 2weeks ago i think, it was not
yet there.

i will do libgtk this weekend and upload it monday, since i use it, perhaps
some gnome and e stuff also, and then other things that i will want to install
but that are not yet compiled.

a yes, i have a question, how do you say dpkg-buildpackage to put my email
address when compiling packages, and not the bogus address that he will find on
my not internet connected box  ?

Also in oldenburg you told me of opening an account on a ppc box, what is the
procedure i have to follow for that ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER