Re: Debian Menu policy leads to confusion

Frank Küster wrote:

> That sounds good;  you can also use "Usenet News", I think that's even
> the official term, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1036.txt.

Here goes...

 Network/Mail and News
 Mail and USENET News clients,
 mail notification applets etc.
 mutt, thunderbird, tin

>> Although I am not sure about the term "web syndication" [*], as I find
>> it fairly hard to translate. I will have to ask an expert.
>
> Why not use the word "Feed" in the section name?  Like "Web Feed", or
> "Web Feed distribution"?

Because it does not translate well to any language I know, including my
native tongue (unless you translate it as "Web news"). Hmm... That gave
me an idea.

 Network/Communication (merged "Mail and News")
 Mail, USENET news, chat, instant messaging,
 IP telephony, video conferencing software.
 xchat, gaim, mutt

 Network/Web News
 Web feed (RSS, Atom etc.)
 and podcast aggregators.