Re: [bug] references to dpkg-shlibdeps should be dh_shlibdeps

On Friday, March 31, 2006 1:39 PM, Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> wrote:

> Section:
>    8.6.2 How to use dpkg-shlibdeps and the shlibs files
>
> !   Put a call to dpkg-shlibdeps into your debian/rules file. If your
>    package contains only compiled binaries and libraries (but no
>    scripts), you can use a command such as:
>
> !     dpkg-shlibdeps debian/tmp/usr/bin/* debian/tmp/usr/sbin/* \
>        debian/tmp/usr/lib/*
[...]
> I believe the (!) lines should refer to dh_shlibdeps instead. Please
> check the policy manual for similar errors.

I believe you're mistaken. The "dpkg-shlibdeps" in the first line is a
hyperlink to section C.1.4, which describes dpkg-shlibdeps.

Use of debhelper is not required in order to build packages, and
documentation of such use does not belong in the policy manual.

Similarly:

adam@starbug:~$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/dpkg-shlibdeps
dpkg-dev: /usr/bin/dpkg-shlibdeps

c.f. dpkg-shlibdeps(1) / dpkg-source(1).

Regards,

Adam