Re: Please add auto-forwarding feature to BTS (was: Directing Debian users to use project BTSes - should we?

    Jim> Hi, Automatically forward bugs upstream? OK, if each upstream
    Jim> agrees they want ALL the bugs reported. (already evident in
    Jim> who their upstream is, and can forward.  There is mechanism
    Jim> to flag a bug as having been forwarded upstream. So: what,
    Jim> exactly, is missing??)

My only concern with this proposal is as follows: what happens if both
maintainer and upstream try to fix the same bug?

Wasted effort.

However, if maintainers are happy to accept this risk, I have no
problem with it.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>