Re: [PROPOSAL] Allowing crypto in the main archive

Hi

Manoj Srivastava schrieb:
> I repeat: we only have non-US since master lives in US, and we
> must obey US laws for master while master is here. How up are
> you on the laws of Bhutan, if I may ask?

Why is master in such a restrictive country as the US anyway?
As long as there are any contries where everything in Debian can
be exported from, master should be there. Keep it simple, stupid.

> The US is not getting preferential treatment here, and we are
> not just dispensing legal advice for the fun of it.

Shure the US is getting preferential treatment. Would you ever
bother to set up master in, say, Iran and have to maintain a
second master even though everything could be put onto the
second master in the first place?

ciao, 2ri
--
Prof:    So the American government went to IBM to come up with a data
         encryption standard and they came up with ...