Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

> 	As we do. We distribute the Debian systems, and with every
>  copy of a Debian system, there si the GPL as an essential
>  component. It is on the Official CD images. It is on every archive
>  site. It is on every machine that has a copy of dpkg. It is certainly
>  on every debian system.

The dpkg binary package doesn't come with the GPL; there are many
machines that have copies of dpkg that do not have the GPL, because
there are many non-Debian machines that have dpkg on them.

And in fact, we distribute Debian systems, and we also distribute
individual packages.  It is the latter that is the issue.

The thing to keep in mind here, again, is the user who fetches Debian
packages of GPL'd software, and installs them with something like
alien on a non-Debian system.

Thomas