Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

On 1 Dec 2000, Brian May wrote:
> IMHO, Some people seem to be confusing two issues:
>
> 1. is it legal to use a package with other operating systems? YES.
> 2. does Debian support using packages with other operating systems? NO.
>
> The fact that the license says packages can be used anywhere is
> irrelevant, the packages have been hard-coded and compiled for Debian
> systems. Testing these packages on other operating systems simply is
> not a priority (at least as far as i am concerned) for us Debian
> developers.

This is where I stand on it, too. We should not have to bend over
backwards to ensure that the UNSUPPORTED use of our packaged programs also
comes with the GPL, when all SUPPORTED packages will come with a copy.

If we do not support, then the user is at their own risk using the
software.

   < <"What Am I Doing? I'm Quietly Judging You." --Frank TJ Mackey> >
  <         <Rando Christensen / An illuzion worth believing>         >
 <  <illuzionz@xanthor.net>  <eyez@xanthor.net>  <eyez@fragments.net>  >