Re: Updating policy

Previously Joey Hess wrote:
> FWIW, debhelper already, and has always as far as I remember, ran
> dpkg-shlibdeps on all shared libraries[1] (because I couldn't find any docs
> that said not too, and it seemed like a good idea anyway). So that's 70%
> of the library packages, roughly, that need no alterations.

All the GNOME stuff also doesn't need to be changes since gtk-config
and similar tools aren't smart enough to only link to the really needed
libraries but link with everything explicitly. Stupid, but makes the
upgrade a bit smoother I guess.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |