Re: Updating policy

Josip Rodin wrote:
> We need to set up a staging area for all the libraries, fix them all, and
> once every one of them is set up correctly, make a mass upload to Incoming.

FWIW, debhelper already, and has always as far as I remember, ran
dpkg-shlibdeps on all shared libraries[1] (because I couldn't find any docs
that said not too, and it seemed like a good idea anyway). So that's 70%
of the library packages, roughly, that need no alterations.

Would they need to be recompiled? I've been up too long to figure that out
for sure (damned insomnia).. Here is an example, though -- aalib. Uses
debhelper, depends on numerous other libraries, and this is auto-generated:

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2), libgpmg1 (>= 1.14-16), libncurses5, slang1 (>> 1.3.0-0), xlib6g (>= 3.3.6-4)

--
see shy jo

[1] Or rather, on *.so*