Re: Updating policy
>>"Julian" == Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:
Julian> I was working through the "NMU Fixed - pending" bugs (mostly titled
Julian> "REJECTED") closing them or implementing them as I felt appropriate,
Julian> and in some cases asking for more comments without changing their
Julian> status. I had reached bug #37999 in this part of the BTS; further
Julian> discussion has now happened on most of these so it could be worth
Julian> looking them over and making a decision on the ones up to there. I
Julian> hadn't yet started looking at any other parts of the BTS for -policy
Julian> or anything for pkg-man.
Julian> Only one other change that needs making: the virtual-packages list
Julian> changelog should have an addition for the x-* stuff you added.
Julian> It's possible I will have some more time this week while I sit in
Julian> Seattle waiting for my visa to be processed, but I am not making any
Julian> promises. So any help would be much appreciated.
Perhaps we should have a release at this point, since you are
going to have an hiatus of over a month, and it shall take me some
time to come up to speed? The current status of policy seems to have
fixed some 20-odd bugs, and we have had quite a while since policy
I've committed some changes to CVS (minoir typos in the
markup), and I'll add the virtual package list changelog.
ps. Here is the changelog from policy, for people to look over
* Fixed bugs in debian-policy package:
* [PROPOSAL] Do not make hardlinks to conffiles closes: Bug#22935
* [OLD PROPOSAL] debian-policy has an unclear statement on dependancies
and priorities closes: Bug#39398
* [ACCEPTED 10/26/99] changelog.html.gz sanitization. closes: Bug#40934
* [AMENDED 07/09/1999] policy on -g, a proposal closes: Bug#43787
* Correct typo in section 2.3.5 closes: Bug#52225
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] policy for usage of "xserver"
alternative closes: Bug#53755
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] additions to virtual package
list closes: Bug#53756
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] policy for "x-terminal-emulator"
virtual package and alternative closes: Bug#53757
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] policy for "x-window-manager"
virtual package and alternative closes: Bug#53758
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] revision of X application-defaults
policy closes: Bug#53760
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] revision of the Motif/LessTif
policy closes: Bug#53761
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] applying the FHS to packages
that use X closes: Bug#53762
* [ACCEPTED 02/01/2000] policy for X font packages closes: Bug#53763
* Moved the documents into the Debian/ section, since that is where they
belong, really. closes: Bug#54777
* Fixed the ftp location in the manuals. closes: Bug#56407
* Fixed missing urlname entity in the sgml docs (where
was it defined before anyway?) closes: Bug#56692
* Fixed bugs in packaging-manual package:
* We have had doc-base support for a while now. closes: Bug#15709
* packaging manual: Added additional clarification on dpkg
behaviour. closes: Bug#17369
* [PROPOSED]: clarification needed about diversions.
fixed usage for dpkg-divert closes: Bug#29522
* Fixed missing </chapt> tag. closes: Bug#51091
* Documented that the library before the symlink hack (which dependend
on file system specific kinks to work) is no longer required by newer
versions of dpkg. closes: Bug#53405
* Fixed typo where dpkg-genchanges was used instead of
dpkg-gencontrol. closes: Bug#58771
* Other changes:
* Added policy-process to document current procedures.
* Added a dependency on fileutiles >=4.0, since the package would fail
to install with older fileutils.
* Installed FHS version 2.1
* Policy recommends packaging manual and vice versa
* Added FHS details to copyright file
Humans are communications junkies. We just can't get enough. Alan
Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com> <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>
1024R/C7261095 print CB D9 F4 12 68 07 E4 05 CC 2D 27 12 1D F5 E8 6E
1024D/BF24424C print 4966 F272 D093 B493 410B 924B 21BA DABB BF24 424C