Wait, it *DOES* say all programs! (was Re: Custom undocumented(7)s)

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> Finally, there's no requirement in policy that every single file have
> a man page.  Ever single program, sure, but that's not the same thing.

Actually....checking...this seems to be true, and I don't think we
want it to be true.  Every program that's found in the default path,
yes, but I was certainly under the impression that we don't want or
need man pages for what might be called "private binaries",
i.e. programs not intended to be run directly -- programs that should
usually be found in /usr/lib/whatsit.

So, as long as we're discussing the modification of 6.1, perhaps we
should address this issue as well.  Unless I'm overlooking something
in policy that already addresses this.