Re: Custom undocumented(7)s are just as bad.

On 29 Jan 2000 at 15:23, Brian May wrote about "Re: Custom undocumented(7)s...":

> I disagree. Take Heimdal for instance. It is a very complicated
> package (at least by my standards), has numerous libraries and
> clients. Most of the binaries are obvious, eg telnet, ftp, and even
> come with man pages. However, some don't, eg, des, verify_krb5_conf,
> string2key.

One alternative (and I am by no means stating that this is acceptable for
all packages) might be to break up the package into numerous, smaller
packages.

With some packages it isn't, technically, possile.

Just a thought.

> willing to accept patches ;-) ). I think there are more important bugs
> in Heimdal (it still under active development) then fixing man pages.

Agreed.

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org