Re: Proposal Announce Processes

Hi,
>>"Luis" == Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk> writes:

 Luis> Now, if you guarantee proposals will have that header I don't
 Luis> have a problem.

	Well, I think that was part of the guidelines. We shall try
 and strive to ensure it is adhered to
.______________________________________________________________________
3.4. Using the Bug Tracking System
----------------------------------

     Issue raised
          wishlist bug opened in BTS, with a subject of "[PROPOSED] ..."
     Amendment
          when a proposed issue becomes a formal amendment, the bug
          severity is raised to "normal" and the bug is retitled to
          "[AMENDMENT DD/MM/YYY] ...". Actually it might be better to close
          the proposal and reopen so the bug date reflects when the clock
          starts ticking on the bug; in which case the bug could simply be
          retitled "[AMENDMENT] ...".
     Accepted
          if the amendment is accepted, the bug is marked forwarded, until
          it is actually integrated into Policy and uploaded and moved into
          the archive, at which time the bug is retitled "[ACCEPTED]..."
          and closed.

     Rejected
          if the amendment is closed, it is retitled as "[REJECTED] ..."
          and marked as closed

     Deadlocked
          if the amendment is deadlocked, it is marked as "[DEADLOCKED]
          ...",

	As the policy list is the maintainer, this can be detected
 (look for messages from Ian, either way, they shaould be important ;-)

 >> Mind you, I am not so oppposed to the announce list, but I
 >> object to this lackadaisical approach to the responsibilities of
 >> being a Debian developer.

 Luis> I am sorry if that is the impression you get from my post. I'll
 Luis> repeat the point to see if I can make it clearer as it seems I
 Luis> didn't put it across as I should have: The volume of email is
 Luis> *far too much* to handle while doing some real work (even real
 Luis> work on my packages). I just want to have a way of knowing when
 Luis> my packages will be affected by discussions here. Christian
 Luis> Schwartz use to post weekly remainders/summaries of the
 Luis> discussions and *that* was very usefull. Now this is gone I
 Luis> would need to read everything.

     amendments, the list of current amendments shall always be on the web.

     Amendments to policy that have been accepted by the policy group shall
     also be part of the notification. (recently resolved bugs)

	So how is this any different from what Christian was doing?

 Luis> Using a specific header would just be fine although it still
 Luis> means we have to get all the volume of this list (and pay for
 Luis> downloading it) and that could be avoided using a list. The
 Luis> fact that you are not "so" oppossed to the list leads me to
 Luis> believe that cost is a strong enough reason to implement it.

	Actually, I don't think cost of downloading a list is a strong
 enough point. There are facilirties out there that send you mail When
 a web page changes. Register the policy bugs web page to that
 service. I am sure there are lots of people here that can write you a
 script using Perl and libwww-perl to send you mail when web pages
 change.

	manoj
--
 Try to relax and enjoy the crisis. Ashleigh Brilliant