Re: Proposal Announce Processes

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Let me get this straignt. You can't be bothered to read your
>  own mail, you cant be bothered to check a web page, you cant be
>  bothered to filter the -devel list looking for the ^Subject: .*PROPOSAL:
>  header into a new list, you can't be bothered to setup something that
>  watches a bug page, and yet, you want others to cater to and spoon
>  feed you so you may condescend to lend us your wisdom?
Now, if you guarantee proposals will have that header I don't have a problem.
This is effectively the same as having a list to send the proposals to. As
for reading my own mail, I can't be bothered to read every single discussion.
Currently I have to, at least, skim through the messages on the list and
*yes* I can't be bothered to continue to do this.

As for lending you any wisdom, firstly I think that the sarcasm is uncalled
for and secondly I never said I would necesarily contribute a lot of it. I
just said that as long as policy affects my packages and it will be I that
will implement it there, I think I am entitled to knowing it's being discussed
as I am the one that has the final say unless the technical committee is
called. (By then I assume I would had already been told so that's not the
issue)

> 	I seriously think you should start finding other people to
>  take care of your packages, if this is the case. Anyway, as long as
>  Lintian is kept in place, there shall be bug reports on your
>  packages.
Let me just say that whatever you "seriously think" means really nothing to me.
I intend to continue contributing to debian as much as I can regardless of you
condescension.

> 	Mind you, I am not so oppposed to the announce list, but I
>  object to this lackadaisical approach to the responsibilities of
>  being a Debian developer.
I am sorry if that is the impression you get from my post. I'll repeat the
point to see if I can make it clearer as it seems I didn't put it across as
I should have: The volume of email is *far too much* to handle while doing
some real work (even real work on my packages). I just want to have a way
of knowing when my packages will be affected by discussions here. Christian
Schwartz use to post weekly remainders/summaries of the discussions and *that*
was very usefull. Now this is gone I would need to read everything.

Using a specific header would just be fine although it still means we have to
get all the volume of this list (and pay for downloading it) and that could
be avoided using a list. The fact that you are not "so" oppossed to the list
leads me to believe that cost is a strong enough reason to implement it.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76