Re: changes and standards documents

Marcus writes:
> Here is my opinion: Standard documents are technical documents and should
> fulfill the same guidlines as software documentation.

They should, but they often don't.

> They should be dfsg compliant to be included in the Debian main
> distribution.

But for practical reasons we sometimes need to include them even when they
aren't.  It isn't very likely that anyone will want to publish modified
versions of these, nor is it likely that the authors will sue if someone
does.  Anyone who wants to publish a variant standard can always rewrite
the whole thing in his own words.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)