Re: changes and standards documents

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:

 Raul> Once again: yes, if it's legal to distribute standards which don't
 Raul> allow revision then we should do so, but not as part of main.

 Raul> But standards which merely ask that modified results be identified
 Raul> as not that standard should receive preferential treatment (and be
 Raul> distributed as a part of main).

 Raul> I'm not sure why you have a problem with this?

	Because I am not sure that the standard which asks no
 modifications to be made is detrimental to the free software
 community, and I definitely do not think it should be consigned to
 the same category as proprietary software in non-free.

	I, too, prefer standards that use the modification-means-rename
 claues, and they should be goven preference -- but I do not think
 that standards that are freely distributable but do not allow
 modifications do not deserve a place in main.

	I think we differ in where we draw the line, and that is
 essentially opinion. What do others on the policy list think?

	manoj
--
 You will have a head crash on your private pack.