Re: changes and standards documents

On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 03:18:05PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	I think we differ in where we draw the line, and that is
>  essentially opinion. What do others on the policy list think?

Hello,

I want to add here that it may be essentially opinion, but it is worth to
note that this opinion has a big impact on our main distribution.

We have promised an entirely free distribution, and that we give back to the
community. [opinion: it is my opininon that we can give back better when we
are allowed to improve standards.] So, if we put any non-dfsg-free components
in main, the result will be quite different from that what we call Debian
at the moment.

Note that this is neither a "yes" or "no", because it is the goal of the
discussion to answer this, but everyone should be aware of this.

Thank you,
Marcus