Re: Author tests and IPC::System::Simple

G'day Gregor / debian-perl,

gregor herrmann wrote:

> $ TEST_AUTHOR=1 prove --blib --verbose t/08_core.t
> t/08_core....1..3
> ok 1 - use IPC::System::Simple;
> ok 2 - Signal caught,   $? = 6
> ok 3 - Coredump caught, $? = 6

Excellent!  $? = 6 shows that $? is being mangled by Perl, but
IPC::System::Simple is still detecting the core-dump.  Thank-you very much!

> Do you plan to release a new version on CPAN in the near future?

I hope to have a new release out on the CPAN this weekend. I'll be happy to
drop a note to debian-perl when it's out.

> BTW: If I'm not mistaken t/core is not removed, neither by the tests
> nor by make {real,dist,}clean.

That's a bug.  Because it's always been marked as an author test, I didn't
lose any sleep about the core file not being cleaned up.  Since it's now
getting heavy usage (and I'd like to move it out of the author test suite),
I've pushed an (untested but trivial) change to my repo that cleans the core
files up at the end.  This should also make it into the release.

Cheerio,

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/