Re: Author tests and IPC::System::Simple

G'day Jonas, Gregor, and debian-perl,

I'm teaching and responding to e-mails during my tea break, so my apologies
for the brevity of this note.

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> 1) Check with ulimit command and/or /etc/security/limits.conf if you are
> allowed to dump core at all.

This is excellent advice.  I didn't even think of limits.conf.

> 2) Check if perhaps that test is run using custom locale: it might fail
> grepping for the english expression on non-english machines.

Unfortunately IPC::System::Simple always produces English messages[1], so
the test should work regardless of locale.

If I get spare cycles (or a patch), I can tweak the test to check for the
existence of a core file, and mark the test as skipped if it can't be
detected.  This should solve all our issues.

Cheerio,

	Paul

[1] I'd love for it to be locale aware, but it's not yet.

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/