Re: New perl packages uploaded to the SVN

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 02:27 -0300, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2007 9:05 PM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:

[snip]
> > MakeMaker arch:any, Module::Build arch:all and Module::Build arch:any)
> > If so, well... We could properly study and document them... And see if
> > migration is possible/desirable :)

I'm lurking here ... but I recently just looked at Module::Build on CPAN
and it seems to have become stalled.  There is also Module::Install,
which is very clever.  However, I realized afterwards that clever also
means slightly dangerous: two different modules might silently conflict.

> > It would _clearly_ reduce duplication. But yes, it would increase
> > obscurity.
>
> I have that common problem around here... I don't like documenting,
> and I'm awfully slow when doing it. If that wasn't the case, I'd
> already started writing a manual for cdbs, just not to hear once again
> that cdbs is obscure ;-)

All the links on this page are broken:
http://build-common.alioth.debian.org/
except the one to sourceforge (where the last change seems to be 2003).

Is there a better starting point ?

--
--gh