Re: New perl packages uploaded to the SVN

-=| Jose Luis Rivas Contreras, Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 11:50:30PM -0400 |=-
> I've just uploaded successfully all my perl packages to the pkg-perl's
> SVN, these are:

Wow! More meat! :)

> * libcgi-simple-perl
> * libclass-accessor-lvalue-perl
> * libclass-prototyped-perl

I took a short glance at these three and stopped.

The following is a list of things I'd have to do before uploading. I'd
gladly explain why I prefer things this way, but I've already done this
on the list so please mail be directly or stop by #debian-perl on
irc.debian.org for a real-time chat :)

 * Change maintainer to the group
   Note that putting youself in Uploaders makes sense only if you want
   to be able to DM-upload the package. See policy draft[1]
 * Migrate from CDBS to debhelper
   Sorry, CDBS is still a black box to me.
   See dh-make-perl templates for good debian/rules examples. Be sure to
   use the one from SVN.
 * Separate any changes to upstream sources in patches, using quilt
   (I didn't check if there are any)
 * Replace by-author URLs in debian/watch with either by-module[2] ones
   or (if the directory is large) by-dist[3] ones
 * Build all packages in a sid chroot (pbuilder/cowbuilder help here a
   lot)

    [1] website/policy.pod.draft on group's SVN
    [2] see libalias-perl for example
    [3] see libhtml-highlight-perl for example

The only real[4] showstopper is the maintainer field. Because of it, I am
changing the distribution of all the packages to UNRELEASED in SVN so we
can easily track[5] them.

    [4] The rest will make it unlikely for me to upload as I'll have to
        do more changes, not just review. Discplaimer: not everyone in
        the group shares these preferences.
    [5] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/qareport.cgi

> * libdevel-size-perl
> * libencode-perl