Re: Debian Perl package maintenance on pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Ivo Marino wrote:
> > So IMO, he can keep his name in the Maintainer field and still use the
> > same directory in the repository. BTW, I'll probably do this for my
> > perl packages.
> >
>    This would be an interesting solution, yes.
> Let me know if there are news, thanks. I'm currently in the NM queue for
> becoming a DD, I'll create an alioth account as soon as I become an
> official developer in order to avoid the *-guest prefix. In poor words:
> As soon as I become a DD I would start putting my packages under SVN
> control on alioth instead as on my local repository.

Alioth has been setup so that non-DD can contribute... what
you say here looks plain wrong. Juste create a first -guest account,
work with that and when you have your real account, just throw the -guest
account away (request its removal to admin@alioth.d.o).

If you have your module in the SVN, it's easier for other people here to
sponsor you.

It's up to you to get things started. BTW, AM and DAM more and more like
people who contribute as part of a team ...

Raphaël Hertzog