Re: Debian Perl package maintenance on pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org?

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 07.03.2006, 19:41 +0100 schrieb Ivo Marino:
> >    In poor words I would like to host the source code of my three Debian
> > Perl packages inside the pkg-perl SVN repository without loosing my
> > maintainer-ship on them -- As far as I've understood
> > pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org seems to be the right place for doing this.
> >
> >    Or should I create new projects on alioth just for maintaining the
> > packages code in a public SVN repository?
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure. I can see your point, but that would mean that a lot
> of people who are not really involved in the Debian Perl Group need to
> be added to the alioth group. But I'd like to hear other optionions on
> this.

I've seen that current consensus seems to use another directory for that
but I don't see the point of another directory. I think that by
"maintainership" Ivo only means that he wants his name in the Maintainer
field. He probably doesn't matter if other people help him maintain the
package ? Am I right Ivo ?

So IMO, he can keep his name in the Maintainer field and still use the
same directory in the repository. BTW, I'll probably do this for my
perl packages.

Raphaël Hertzog