Re: Trouble with Power-PC port

Hi ..

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:07:28PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:

>My only comment on the process is that I didn't really know what I was
>doing.  I think I'll write up some notes that may help people who, like
>me, don't know much ;)

You installed packages bu hand ;)

>I'll continue for a while with 1.0.3 until I feel brave enough to take
>on the challenge of 1.1.   I downloaded everything bar something.udeb in
>the glibc folder and everything in the jdk folder.  I suspect I didn't
>need ncsd, should I remove it?  Also I seem to have installed some sort
>of webserver in the process - if I run top there is a daemon thttpd
>running, is this a coincidence or have I installed it inadvertantly?

what you need are the libc6 packages and locales and libc6-dev. The
othere not really needed. NSCD ist needed, if you are running it :)

If you installed these packages, you can install OpenOffice.org with
dpkg and runn it ;)

		Regards
			Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..