Re: Trouble with Power-PC port

On (17/06/03 12:49), Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:23:27AM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> >My set-up is Debian woody on a dual processor 450 MHz Mac G4, running OOo
> >1.0.3.-2+1.
> >
> >It all seems to work fine so far except for one important element.
> >
> >If I try to open Excel Workbooks (either produced in Office98 for Mac or
> >OfficeXP for Mac) OpenOffice starts to load and just before it displays
> >the workbook, closes itself.  If I open OOo first and then try to open
> >the workbook it still closes just before displaying the workbook.
>
> Do you get any error messages? If so, pleade mail thme to this list.
>
> And I suggest, that you install glibc-2.3.2-1 and try it again. I have
> some issues with some documents, when I have glibc-2.3.1-x running on my
> system. These issues are gone with 2.3.2-1.
>
> I will upload them at let you know, where you can download it ...

Thanks Jan

Chris Halls suggested I start from console and thought I would get
something like bugreport 191989, which I did:

/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: relocation error:
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/libsvx641lp.so: symbol
_ZNK27SvxForbiddenCharactersTable22GetForbiddenCharactersEth, version
UDK_3_0_0 not defined in file libsal.so.3 with link time reference

He's suggested I try 1.1, which I'm happy to do. But first I'll try
your suggestion.

Clive