Re: Trouble with Power-PC port

On (22/06/03 23:13), Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:07:28PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
>
> >My only comment on the process is that I didn't really know what I was
> >doing.  I think I'll write up some notes that may help people who, like
> >me, don't know much ;)
>
> You installed packages bu hand ;)

Oh right ;) My memory is fading fast and I've not done the notes, as
yet.  I still have a long list of tasks to get my systems where I need
them but having OOo working now is a great step forward.

> >I'll continue for a while with 1.0.3 until I feel brave enough to take
> >on the challenge of 1.1.   I downloaded everything bar something.udeb in
> >the glibc folder and everything in the jdk folder.  I suspect I didn't
> >need ncsd, should I remove it?  Also I seem to have installed some sort
> >of webserver in the process - if I run top there is a daemon thttpd
> >running, is this a coincidence or have I installed it inadvertantly?
>
> what you need are the libc6 packages and locales and libc6-dev. The
> othere not really needed. NSCD ist needed, if you are running it :)
>
> If you installed these packages, you can install OpenOffice.org with
> dpkg and runn it ;)

Working on the premise that "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I shall
stick for now - at least until I've got my network thoroughly sorted and
Apache, PHP and MySQL talking together.

Thanks for all the help

Clive