Re: Trouble with Power-PC port

On (19/06/03 00:23), Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:29:20PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> >> I said it in another mail in this thread .. but here again ...
> >>
> >> 	http://sevdalia.hajvan.net/~palic/OpenOffice.org/1.1
> >You know I said I wasn't competent.... well what do I put in my sources
> >list to download glibc?  Thanks for your tolerance ;)
>
> Sorry, that is not apt-get able ...
>
> you can download the files from the url above into a directory. To save
> time an bandwidth, download:
>
>   openoffice.org1.1
>   openoffice.org1.1-bin
>   openoffice.org1.1-help-en
>   openoffice.org1.1-l10n-en
>   openoffice.org1.1-mimelnk <-- for KDE
>
> these are the packages, you need. And the glibc-2.3.2 packages of
> course.
>
> If all deb-packages in one directory, do "dpkg -i *deb".
>
> Perhaps, you need openoffice.org1.1-debian-files, this package is on our
> official mirrors.
> Please look at http://openoffice.debian.net/install.html for further
> installation instructions ...

Thanks Jan

That was tense! ;) At this stage I've only done glibc and jdk.  Good
news - I can open spreadsheets with no problem now.  The reasons for
going into OSX diminish ;)

My only comment on the process is that I didn't really know what I was
doing.  I think I'll write up some notes that may help people who, like
me, don't know much ;)

I'll continue for a while with 1.0.3 until I feel brave enough to take
on the challenge of 1.1.   I downloaded everything bar something.udeb in
the glibc folder and everything in the jdk folder.  I suspect I didn't
need ncsd, should I remove it?  Also I seem to have installed some sort
of webserver in the process - if I run top there is a daemon thttpd
running, is this a coincidence or have I installed it inadvertantly?

Sorry to ask so many dumb questions ;)

Clive