Re: oo doesn't start

Hi Christophe,

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 10:41:01PM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> I have seen the mail from Martin Quinson so I have try :
>
> ~$ unset SESSION_MANAGER
> ~$ export SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50=true
> ~$ export LC_ALL=C
> ~$ openoffice
>
> and got the same result.
>
> Any Idea ?
>
> Christophe
>
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:14:12AM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> > I have launched oo with a file at the command line and I get some very
> > interesting stuff. It is very difficult to describe the result so I have
> > made a few screenshot, have fun ...
> >
> > http://ufies.org/~christophe/oo.png
> >    This is what I get with 'openoffice my.doc'

Openoffice is very, erm, fussy its fonts.  I haven't reproduced your problem
myself, but several people who I have pointed to the font troubleshooting
FAQ have reported that they managed to locate the problem:

   http://www.openoffice.org/files/documents/16/63/FontTroubleshooting-v2.pdf

These errors are all harmless.

> > > briefly (not each time) and I get that on the shell :

If you still have problems, please obtain a backtrace in gdb - see

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2002/debian-openoffice-200205/msg00224.html