Re: Linguistic install

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 06:26:35PM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> Martin, could you you recall how you can do a linguistic install for now?
>
> I guess everything is done just by you new script /usr/bin/openoffice,
> as appeared on this ml, but I'm not sure of it. Could you confirm or
> explain how step-by-step?

If you have the language pack installed, the wrapper /usr/bin/openoffice is
almost enough. Not completely because it is not suffisent to see the
localized help.

Installing these language pack manually is quite tricky, and I guess it's
easier to wait for the version 4 of the package, which comes with it.

For the impatient, download the precompiled and localized installation pack
from the OO webpage, then install it to /tmp, then copy the .res files found
somewhere in /tmp/?????/program/resource/ to
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/resource/

It should be enough for the interface. For the help, I'm not really sure
right now.

Anyway, I suspect the next version of the package to arrive on the servers
very soon.

HTH, Mt.