Re: oo doesn't start

Please CC'd me.

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:24:53AM +0200, Chris Halls wrote:
> Openoffice is very, erm, fussy its fonts.  I haven't reproduced your problem
> myself, but several people who I have pointed to the font troubleshooting
> FAQ have reported that they managed to locate the problem:
>
>    http://www.openoffice.org/files/documents/16/63/FontTroubleshooting-v2.pdf

Thanks. I have read the pdf file and then played with "xset fp".
My conclusion is that in my path I need to remove
   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/"
this directory contains only the fonts from the msttcorefonts package.

Are someone have a working OpenOffice with this package installed too?

My understanding was that OO supports well the TTF. What are you using
as TTF ? Is there another source of TTF ?

Thanks again,
Christophe

Ce que l'on conçoit bien s'énonce clairement,
Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément.
   Nicolas Boileau, L'Art poétique