Re: oo doesn't start

I have launched oo with a file at the command line and I get some very
interesting stuff. It is very difficult to describe the result so I have
made a few screenshot, have fun ...

http://ufies.org/~christophe/oo.png
   This is what I get with 'openoffice my.doc'

http://ufies.org/~christophe/oo-dialog.png
   This is a dialog box I get when I close the AutoPilot window.
   Notice the text : "An error occured in starting the web browser"

I have noticed that I can resize the control which seems to take the
whole window :
   http://ufies.org/~christophe/oo-resize01.png

Then If I increase the size of the window I can see :
   http://ufies.org/~christophe/oo-resize02.png

Any idea ?

Christophe

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 10:50:49AM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> NOTE: Please CC me I am not subscribed.
>
> I run debian/unstable on a AMD K6-2 300MHz laptop.
> I have the following lines in my sources.list :
>
> deb ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian woody non-free
> deb http://www.mx1.ru/~chris/openoffice unstable main contrib
>
> I have apt-get openoffice.org yesterday
>
> openoffice.org: 1.0.0-3
> libstlport4.5gcc3: 4.5.3-4
> j2sdk1.3: 1.3.1-1
>
> I do
>
> | ~$ rm .sversionrc
> | ~$ rm .openoffice -rf
> | ~$ openoffice
> | running openoffice setup...
> | an error occurred while copying a file
> | ExitCode: 0
> |
> | An error occurred while copying the file mathdoc.desktop to
> | /home/barbe/.gnome/apps/OpenOffice.org 1.0
> | sh: /usr/sbin/lpc: No such file or directory
> | sh: lpc: command not found
> | sh: lpstat: command not found
>
> I see the OpenOffice spalsh screen.
> The splashscreen disappear and two windows appear :
> I see briefly a 'Untitled1 - OpenOffice.Org 1.0' window with a few
> control in it (the window is nearly empty, there is just a bar in the
> top (certainly the menu) and another unidentified one). Then the window
> disappears.
> Another window is on the botom of the screen 'Address data source
> Autopilot' with nothing at all in it.
> This window remain here, empty and my CPU is 100% busy.
>
> I try to click and type in this window. An empty dialog box appears
> briefly (not each time) and I get that on the shell :
>
> | /usr/bin/openoffice: line 41: 19240 Aborted ~/.openoffice/soffice "$@"
>
> I have a S3 VirgeMX chipset, I have tried the
>    'export SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50=true'
> trick without any difference.
>
> Christophe
>
> --
> Christophe Barbé <christophe.barbe@ufies.org>
> GnuPG FingerPrint: E0F6 FADF 2A5C F072 6AF8  F67A 8F45 2F1E D72C B41E
>
> Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
> -- Albert Einstein

People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life.
--Faith Resnick