Re: ocaml 3.09.0 and word from the RMs ...

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 11:26:02PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:11:43PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > >    there's no need to avoid the comma between the two subst var,
> > >    dpkg-gencontrol is able to add/remove it where needed.
> > This comes from way back when we did the the bestprovides thingy. Notice that
> > bestprovides provides the leading ',' or not, so it should be ok like this.
>
> There's no need for it, you can do ${substvar}, ${substvar}, ${substvar}
> and dpkg-gencontrol will do the right thing (TM) no metter what the
> values of the various substvars are.
>
> > > If you agree and like I can fix (2) and (3) in the affected packages.
> > Sure. Also, if you could add a little paragraph to the policy document, this
> > would be neat.
>
> Will do then.
>
> Well, I think the policy need a serious remangling, better a whole
> rewriting from scratch. Sylvain, have you pending work on this topic?
> Just to avoid doing duplicate work ...

Well, i was planning to, but as of today, i have nothing worth :\ Maybe,
i will have time next week to take a look at this, but for now, i need
to rebuild cameleon2, for getting rid of lablgtk1, which is something
important...

FYI, all what i have done is in pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/policy/trunk...

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall