Re: ocaml 3.09.0 and word from the RMs ...

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:11:43PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> >    there's no need to avoid the comma between the two subst var,
> >    dpkg-gencontrol is able to add/remove it where needed.
> This comes from way back when we did the the bestprovides thingy. Notice that
> bestprovides provides the leading ',' or not, so it should be ok like this.

There's no need for it, you can do ${substvar}, ${substvar}, ${substvar}
and dpkg-gencontrol will do the right thing (TM) no metter what the
values of the various substvars are.

> > If you agree and like I can fix (2) and (3) in the affected packages.
> Sure. Also, if you could add a little paragraph to the policy document, this
> would be neat.

Will do then.

Well, I think the policy need a serious remangling, better a whole
rewriting from scratch. Sylvain, have you pending work on this topic?
Just to avoid doing duplicate work ...