Re: Building and cleaning the manual in advi

Hello,
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 06:59:09PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> My grand-parents live in eastern-niedersachsen, and i was there for two days,
> essentially so my grand-mother could meet her first great-grand-son.

So I guess you were essentially 'round the corner, then (I live in
Hannover, maybe not too eastern lower saxony, though).

> Ok, i have to say that i didn't look into detail to the licencing info of the
> example files. I am under the impression that this should be no problem as the
> actual examples are copyrighted by the advi authors, and the rest should be
> part of the tex common stuff, not sure though. It would be great if using
> hevea.sty from the debian package would do it, but we would probably need to
> add at least a suggest or recomends.

I read a recent article on DWN where a similar issue was discussed,
and I got the impression that the licences of the software involved
have to be carefully mentioned. And since the examples *use* other
peoples work (e.g. prosper, hevea) the licence need to be mentioned.
In the first case, the licence is in the style file, in the second
case not. We need a build dependency on hevea anyhow for building the
manual, so maybe a recommends for the examples? (But I still need to
try if it builds with the Debian version).

> Hehe. I used to patch the upstream build stuff.

This seems to be necessary, I am afraid, because I am unable to
rebuild the HTML documentation or the man page (where, honestly
speaking, only one string is repleaced). But make clean happily
deletes the pre-build ones.

> > I will try to care for my other bugs next week and also do the
> > tryouts.
>
> Ok thanks. Next week will also be complicated for me, as i will be in Paris,
> but i should have more time after that.

No problem with me. I simply continue to check in my patches (the man
page update as well as the zadvi-updates are in now). It would be
great, though, if at some time at least the unproblematic ones could
be integrated in an upload. (I assume you are the defacto maintainer
of advi, right?).

Greetings and have a great time in Paris,

          Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
                       gpg signed mail preferred