Re: Building and cleaning the manual in advi

Hello,
first, I just found a mistake I made during checking in my branch (svn
up does not show changed files, svn status is a new friend), so my
checkin should now be complete.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 10:07:57AM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> where can I find htmlc? apt-file does not give me a program of this

Obviously, given the tools in the package and available in Debian
both the man page and the HTML-documentation cannot be rebuild.  I
include only the part of the doc/-directory, which can be rebuild and
disable the remaining.  For the man page this does not yet work (see
below).

> Finally, advi deletes files included in the orig.tar.gz, i.e., after
> fakeroot make -f debian/rules clean

I really think repacking the tar ball is necessary here. The other
option (which I consider implementing) is patching the make file to
only delete files we can regenerate as a work around. Please see my
comment in the rules file for the man page (and a first attempt at an
work around, probably not working).

I am also not 100% sure if all files from the doc/-directory should be
shipped in manual/ (or skipped at all).

Next I will start working on the "easier" bugs I reported, I guess.

As usual, comments etc. are welcome.

Greetings

         Helge

--