Re: Building and cleaning the manual in advi

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 04:11:53PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:17:21AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:51:14AM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > first, I just found a mistake I made during checking in my branch (svn
> > > up does not show changed files, svn status is a new friend), so my
> > > checkin should now be complete.
> >
> > Ok, thanks. I cannot comment now, since i will be leaving soon for a few days
> > of family visit in northern germany. I will be back on thursday evening, and
> > will comment on this then.
>
> Great. Where are you going?

My grand-parents live in eastern-niedersachsen, and i was there for two days,
essentially so my grand-mother could meet her first great-grand-son.

> I continued work on the package split. I think several style files
> can/could be removed (still checking), but at least their licences has
> to be properly mentioned which I did for the xprosper.sty (not
> contained in Debian).

Cool.

> alltt.sty of current tetex works
> semcolor.sty several times referenced, still need to check, Debian and
>   "our" version quite similar
> examples/seminar/a14 contains hevea.sty which has a few lines less
>   than the one in the Debian package, also I noted the recent license
>   discussion and currently no license for it is contained. I will
>   check if the pre-packaged will work

Ok, i have to say that i didn't look into detail to the licencing info of the
example files. I am under the impression that this should be no problem as the
actual examples are copyrighted by the advi authors, and the rest should be
part of the tex common stuff, not sure though. It would be great if using
hevea.sty from the debian package would do it, but we would probably need to
add at least a suggest or recomends.

> Also I added a README.Debian for the -examples-package (should work
> according to man page of debhelper, not yet tried), made zadvi bz2
> aware and added a patch to replace xanim by animate.

Cool

> During the work I noticed that the upstream tar ball really needs some
> touching. Or the make clean target needs work. It is not nice to run
> fakeroot make -f debian/rule clean
> and get something different from unpacking, let alone that some things
> deleted cannot be rebuild!

Hehe. I used to patch the upstream build stuff.

> I will try to care for my other bugs next week and also do the
> tryouts.

Ok thanks. Next week will also be complicated for me, as i will be in Paris,
but i should have more time after that.