Building and cleaning the manual in advi

Hello,
where can I find htmlc? apt-file does not give me a program of this
name, and the source of advi does not contain one neither. When I try
to build the documentation, I get:
helge@thirtyto:/scr/build/src/ocaml/play/advi-1.6.0/doc$ env LANG=C
make
make -f MakeMan all
make[1]: Entering directory `/scr/build/src/ocaml/play/advi-1.6.0/doc'
cd ../doc_src && make
make[2]: Entering directory
`/scr/build/src/ocaml/play/advi-1.6.0/doc_src'
htmlc -I Includes -env Includes/env -f advi-index.html -t
advi-index.htm
make[2]: htmlc: Command not found
make[2]: *** [advi-index.htm] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/scr/build/src/ocaml/play/advi-1.6.0/doc_src'
make[1]: *** [expand] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scr/build/src/ocaml/play/advi-1.6.0/doc'
make: *** [advi.1] Error 2

Looking at the Makefile in doc_src I see:
# The Htmlc compiler with its include path options
HTMLC=htmlc -I Includes -env Includes/env

The documentation (at least according to grep -ri) does not mention
htmlc, the only reference is in this Makefile.

What is htmlc supposed to do and where can I get it?

Finally, advi deletes files included in the orig.tar.gz, i.e., after
fakeroot make -f debian/rules clean
the tree contains less files than after unpacking and patching. As I
understand, the clean target should "reset" the package in its
orignal, unpacked state. I see in the rules file the backup* targets,
which are essentially commented out; they look like an attempt to
remedy this situation.

The best way (once the manual builds) IMHO whould be to remove the
generated files (e.g., the manual, the examples, ...) from the
.orig.tar.gz, and hence the clean run would do a true reset. The other
option (which I partially do for the -examples-split) is to replace
the make clean calls by hand made cleans which only delete files we
created during build.

Greetings

          Helge

--