Re: ocaml 3.08 released, and sarge schedule ...

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 12:33:43PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:28:45AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Yeah, still Stefano and Jerome at least are in vacations right now, and
> > an upload will probably break all of those. BTW, did you test the 3.08
> > package with your stuff ?
>
> I will be on vacation until July 25th, in the last days I've had really

Ok, take it cool, but schedule a few evenings of heqavy debian work when
you are back :).

> a lot of connectivity problems. Now it seems to be better but I doubt I
> can do debian related work until the end of the vacation.
>
> I haven't yet read other debian related ML, what about the freeze? Could

No news about the freeze. We are in big controversy about the amd64
port, and in anyway, the first stage freeze will be about base still.
debian-installer also needs some work, so we have some time.

> we upload ocaml 3.08 to unstable and be sure that it wont automatically

Ah, if you think it will enter testing before its time, i seriously
doubt that. The dependencies will stop it, but i can have a RC bug on it
just to be sure.

> enter testing in a bad shape? Is upload to testing-proposed-update the
> only way to make it enter testing or what?

No, the testing-proposed-updates procedure is for uploading ocaml 3.07
bug fixes while ocaml 3.08 is in unstable. I doubt this will be needed
though.