Re: Fw: [Coqdev] Re: Commentaires sur bug Coq 708

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 12:41:14PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 07:13:24PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Personally I'd rather have COQ 8 and OCaml 3.07 in Sarge since COQ 8 is
> > Me not.
>
> Seconded. If I have to decide between COQ 8 and OCaml 3.08 I would
> decide for OCaml 3.08, just think at the users base.

Ok, that decides it. I will wait until tuesday to make the upload.
Samuel, you can upload coq 8 on monday once it is released, and it will
still make it to sarge in time. Err, maybe i will give you a few days
also.

In the meantime, i will make an upload of ocaml-3.07, as well as a
ocaml-3.07 lablgl and lablgtk2.

> As a solution for building COQ 8 we can use an ocaml 3.07 source package
> and hack the coq package so that it build depends on that package and
> compile both the ocaml distribution and coq in the build phase ...
>
> Really an huge hack, I know, but it will solve the problem.

It is not a hack, we had planed for this kind of scenario, and we almost
did it, but not quite. So, really, coq should be fixed so it is easy to
add a -3.07 suffix to ocaml, which should not be a daunting task, and
everything should be ok. It will be an ocaml-3.07 based on the old
pre-split ocaml branch though, i hope this is ok.