Re: ocaml 3.08 released, and sarge schedule ...

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:51:39PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:41:46PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > So, everyone, let's work on the 3.08 packages once you are back from
> > vacation and everything, and let's try to make this happen. Unless i
> > hear real negative stuff, i will make the upload of all my packages in
> > the next week or so.
>
> That sounds good, and I'd encourage you to do that absolutely ASAP.  I
> think that there are a number of packages out there with 3.07 hardcoded
> in even their build scripts, and all of the .debs will probably have to
> be re-built (since they install stuff under 3.07)

Yeah, still Stefano and Jerome at least are in vacations right now, and
an upload will probably break all of those. BTW, did you test the 3.08
package with your stuff ?

And i believe the 3.07 path is given by ocamlc -where output. Not sure
if there is other dependencies. That said, those are minor problems,
since each package will need rebuild anyway, since upstream doesn't
guarantee binary compatibility between major versions. But we have gone
over this before, and it should be no major problem since we have in the
past done a rebuild in around one week or so. And all dependencies are
in place for it.