Re: Last problem with cameleon

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:12:31AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 10:41:40AM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > I don't know really. For the cases I mentioned, upstream
> > thinks it is not worth shiping them separately.
>
> This is enough IMO, you can then safely embed libraries in the program
> package and have it arch: any.
>
> > For example, you used to package zoggy with its library within.
> > Perhaps you could explain your logic here, so we can understand
> > what to do.
>
> Exactly the same :-)
> The libraries was small and special purpose enough not to ship it as a
> standalone package.

And we were not speaking about byte/antive code split back then ?

Tell me if i am wrong, but i have the impression that there are a few
such libraries, which are used by 3 or more cameleon programs.

Ideally, and maybe upstream can be convinced to do that, these libraries
could be put together in a small library packages,
libcamaleon-support-ocaml or something such.

The problem is a bit different with advi, where there is only one such
library (and really, the only reason i did not separate it, was that i
was not able to fix the build process to do so), but here we have at
least 3 such dll.so, which could well be merged in one common dll.so
common to all cameleon packages.

Anyway, i would like to have feedback from upstream about that, and from
you two, since i have no idea of what these library are and do.